Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOsteoTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭
St Helens, UK

Hi I was just wondering how long pain can go on for after a fracture it seemed to be getting better now its hurting again any advice anyone x

February 8, 2021
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared that pain after a fracture can persist for months or even years depending on severity, with several describing ongoing... Read more

Members shared that pain after a fracture can persist for months or even years depending on severity, with several describing ongoing discomfort from wrist, vertebrae, and shoulder fractures that worsens with cold weather or as the day progresses. Many members found relief through pain medications like Tramadol, and some discussed bone-strengthening treatments such as alendronic acid or six-month injections to prevent future fractures. A recurring theme was the frustration of lingering pain that disrupts sleep and daily life, paired with a shared understanding that healing takes longer than expected and varies widely from person to person.

A MyOsteoTeam Member

I fractured my T12 vertebrae a little over 3 weeks ago and my pain is a bit better in the morning but by 4 pm it’s back to taking Tramadol

February 13, 2021
A MyOsteoTeam Member

Hi
I fractured my upper humerus on 18th November 2017, I'm still in pain from it , sorry hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the pain keeps me awake at night from it.

February 19, 2021
A MyOsteoTeam Member

This tablet is to strengthen my bones , what scan you having done ?

February 14, 2021
A MyOsteoTeam Member

So far I just am on Tramadol for the pain. I go for my bone scan on March 1st and then we’ll see . Doctor talking about the 6 month injection .

February 14, 2021
A MyOsteoTeam Member

Hi I'm taking alendronic acid once a week it's working for me the side affects are awful is there a different one I can take and does anyone else take a different one ...thanks

February 13, 2021

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In