Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOsteoTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭
Dublin, CA
February 19, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyOsteoTeam Member

Almond Milk has the highest calcium

February 24, 2019
A MyOsteoTeam Member

I have read you only absorb calcium carbonate with food. I drink coconut and oat milk and just add extra calcium citrate powder to make sure. I am lactose free so don’t drink cows milk. Ido eat Parmesan cheese, the cheese with high calcium, over 300mg an ounce.

March 4, 2019
A MyOsteoTeam Member

Hi Cheer19,
I know diet can be a hot button for people, so I am just throwing this out there. I was vegan for a few years, when i went to my endocrinologist he asked what type of calcium was i getting. When I listed all the calcium supplements I was taking and drinking almond milk, he said I might as well be rubbing it on my forehead as they are all calcium carbonate, not calcium citrate. He said our bodies do not absorb it. And sure enough, when my blood tests came back it said I was not absorbing the calcium in my blood. I now drink regular milk and take calcium citrate. If you are on a plant based diet, I know the soy yogurts have calcium citrate. Good Luck

March 2, 2019
A MyOsteoTeam Member

What has calcium citrate?

February 12, 2020
A MyOsteoTeam Member

Sounds like a good regimen. I am trying to stay plant based except milk, and eggs because we have chickens that are pets.

March 4, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭
Charleston, AR

A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭
Coquitlam, BC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In