Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOsteoTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
November 18, 2019
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members rallied around someone overwhelmed by mattress options for osteoporosis, with the most popular recommendations being Sleep Number beds... Read more

Members rallied around someone overwhelmed by mattress options for osteoporosis, with the most popular recommendations being Sleep Number beds for their adjustable firmness, memory foam hybrid mattresses from Amazon as affordable alternatives, and firm mattresses paired with MyPillow toppers or homemade down body pillows for added comfort. Several members shared that firm support is essential for bone health but emphasized the importance of customization, whether through adjustable air chambers, gel foam layers, or creative pillow solutions to address individual pain and budget constraints. A recurring theme was the value of motion isolation for couples, avoiding pillow-top sagging, and finding practical workarounds when cost is a barrier to getting restorative sleep.

A MyOsteoTeam Member

I have a Select Comfort bed. otherwise known as a sleep number bed. I love it. This is the second one I've had in about 20 yrs and always gives me a comfortable sleep. I can adjust the setting to what works for me at any time I want to. I prefer it to be firmer but some people like it softer. you can adjust that with the handheld control to whatever suits you. I hope this has helped you decide on something that works for you.

November 18, 2019
A MyOsteoTeam Member

Thanks for the suggestion, Mary. I will keep that in mind.
( BTW My previous mattress was a pillow top, which had begun to sag.)

December 13, 2019
A MyOsteoTeam Member

I have a Sleep Number as do 5 others I know and we all love them.
The thing I like the most is the ability to adjust the feel of the mattress to my body. I really appreciate it even more when traveling because I can really tell the difference. Good luck with your decision-getting a good night's sleep is important!

November 26, 2019
A MyOsteoTeam Member

Hi Peggy, i believe that a firm mattress which will offer support would b best for us who have bone issues. It would appear to make sense to me. Good luck.

November 23, 2019
A MyOsteoTeam Member

Hi Peggy, In answer to your question about cost of my Select Comfort bed. I got one of the least expensive ones and mine was approximately $1200.00. They have all sorts of fancy ones that are much more expensive, but I got just the standard one with no extra bells and whisltes! lol

November 21, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭
London, AR

A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In