Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOsteoTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Is this the best medication for Osteoporosis. I take one table per week

March 10, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyOsteoTeam Member

I started taking Risidronate Rosalie 16 years ago, recommended by the DEXA scan dept. I think they're similar. I came off them 6 years ago when I was at a meeting and a Rheumatology Matron said "you shouldn't take these tablets more than 5 years as they don't give you any more benefit, and go back on them in five years. So I came off them and came back on them a year ago. They certainly worked for me and I had no side effects. And I have had no breaks, fractures or compressions as far as I know. Take care, keep taking the meds if they agree with you, exercise, take care and keep safe. I also was given Calceos (Calcium and Vitamen D) which I still take and have blood tests every year to check the calcium levels. Xx

March 13, 2019 (edited)
A MyOsteoTeam Member

I was on Fosmax for 5 yrs no side effects my bone Density improved from Osteoporosis to Osteopenia, you must read instructions and follow specifically or you will get side effects

January 26, 2020
A MyOsteoTeam Member

Glad to hear your positive effects. Keeping my fingers crossed

March 24, 2020
A MyOsteoTeam Member

My doctor took me off of it because it wasn't doing any good.

December 28, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭
Estacada, OR

A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chicago, IL

A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In