Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOsteoTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I have been reading member posts for over two years now and while some report good results it seems the majority have suffered side effects from both Prolia and Bisphosphonate medications. It seems to me that once you choose to go on one type of medication there is no getting off the merry-go-round. Once you stop one you have to go onto another type of medication. Otherwise it seems that there is an increased risk of severe degeneration of your bones
I have recently chosen to be treated with… read more

March 26, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyOsteoTeam Member

Thank you! I didn't have HRT for menopause symptoms as I was allergic (hives) to the medication which I later found out was because the estrogen in Premarin was made from pregnant mares urine! 😯
My doctor has prescribed Sandrena Gel 1g plus Prometrium. The Prometrium is because I have not had a hysterectomy. He will monitor me with tests in six months time to see how I go and then a Dexa scan at 12 months.

March 26, 2023
A MyOsteoTeam Member

Hi KarenS, ii had hrt in my mid 50s for a couple of years. Now on prolia injections for 6 years with no side effects. I am now 77.

March 26, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭
Clearwater, FL

A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rock Hill, SC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In