Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOsteoTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭
Windsor, CT

I was just diagnosed. I also have rheumatoid arthritis and my primary care doctor suggested I go to my rheumatologist. I spoke with my rheumatologist and will see him next week. I’m concerned that if he doesn’t specialize in working with people dealing with osteoporosis, I may miss out on the most effective treatments.

February 8, 2019
 · 
Reactions
A MyOsteoTeam Member

I was told by my cancer doctor and radiologist I needed a bone density test and if I had osteoporosis there was a shot they could give me. Chemo and radiation tend to weaken your bones (plus I am 70) and the Femara I take daily for my cancer seems to be guaranteed to mess up my bones. I got my Prolia shots at the cancer center. Don't have a special doctor that oversees that, just the nurse practitioner.

March 11, 2019
A MyOsteoTeam Member

Thank you both. I am struggling with the diagnosis and it’s potential impact on my lifestyle. I will be very specific with my rheumatologist.

February 9, 2019
A MyOsteoTeam Member

Most but not all rheumatplogist treat osteoporosis ask the doctor and be specific

February 9, 2019
A MyOsteoTeam Member

Scares me too. I know 2 women who are totally crippled

March 10, 2019
A MyOsteoTeam Member

Welcome GMa! I saw Orthopaedic consultants at the hospital.

February 9, 2019

Related Questions

View All
A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Fremantle, WA, Australia

A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pittsburgh, PA

A MyOsteoTeam Member asked a question 💭
Washington, DC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In